If there is a word that can describe rabbits, it is ‘adorable.’ That’s what they are. You lay your eyes on a rabbit and wish you’d take a stroll with it around the streets as you would do with a Chihuahua. But you can’t, so you just buy it and keep it in your house as you enjoy playing with it.
Once you get yourself this little bundle of beauty, it will be hoping all around your house, and when it is tired, it will need somewhere to rest. You will realize that just like you need a bed to lay your tired self after a heavy day, this little bunny too needs a place to rest and be at peace from everything else.
What You Will Learn
- Top 3 Indoor Rabbit Cages
- Best Rabbit Cages In The market
- How about the best large, stackable rabbit cages and cages with Wheels?
- Best Large Rabbit Cages
- Best Stackable Rabbit Cages
- Best Rabbit Cages on Wheels
- What Rabbit Cage Is Best For Your Rabbit?
- Benefits of Bunny Cage
- Choosing an Indoor Rabbit Cage: Considerations
- What to Avoid When Buying A Bunny Cage
- What Rabbit Cage Flooring Is Best for Your Bunny?
- Best Indoor rabbit cage – Final Thoughts
- Frequently Asked Questions On Indoor Rabbit Cages
Top 3 Indoor Rabbit Cages
- Living World Deluxe Habitat
- Ferplast Krolik 140 Plus Rabbit Cage
- MidWest Homes for Pets Wabbitat deluxe Rabbit Home Kit
Best Rabbit Cages In The market
With so many indoor rabbit cages in the market, choosing one that suit your needs can be a daunting task. To lessen your frustrations we have spent close to 40 hours revising and comparing rabbit cages on the market and came up with this ultimate review.
We prepared a list of cages that will help you in solving your new problem. We present a variety of options which will suit your preference.
1. Living World Deluxe Habitat
This is a high-budget indoor rabbit cage but worth each of your penny. For starters, it is very large and spacious to give enough room for your rabbit to play inside. It is 37.8 inches long and 22.4 inches wide. This is large enough to house two rabbits or even guinea pigs.
Rabbits like chewing stuff and you should be sure that they will try it on anything they come across. The wired design of this cage makes it vulnerable, but the wireframe is chew-proof and durable. This is a great design as it ensures the cage is airy and well-ventilated.
The cage is divided into two areas, the resting area, and the comfort shelf, which basically is a balcony. A rabbit can hop onto the balcony direct or use a ramp that has been built between the two sections. The bottom part of the cage is 7.5 inches deep, and it is pan-like to avoid
- Living world Deluxe Habitat cage has a comfort shelf for your rabbit to relax.
- There is a food dish included in the cage and a water bottle to feed your rabbit
- A hay feeder that can be loaded from outside
- A hay guard
- It is large and will allow you to buy more than one rabbit.
- The wireframe is durable but its bottom plastic. This will ensure it lasts long and doesn’t scratch your floor or tiles
- You can easily feed your rabbit thanks to the food dish, water bottle, and a hay guard.
- The food dish is tip proof, so you don’t have to be worried about the hungry bunny tipping it to dirty the cage
- Thanks to the bottom design, it is so easy to clean this cage
- Assembly is quite easy since it comes with plastic clips
2. Ferplast Krolik 140 Plus Rabbit Cage
Another great cage from Ferplast whose design has the privacy of your rabbit in mind. Just like Deluxe above, this Krolik rabbit cage is also spacious with a water bottle and a hay feeder. It even goes further to have a wooden house.
The wooden house is attached to the rest of the cage at one end when assembling for convenience. This provides extra space in case you have two rabbits hence need to separate them, but still, the cage is spacious.
A large opening runs across the cage’s entire length. The bottom is a pan, 6 inches deep, designed that way so that in case your rabbit throws fits, it doesn’t splash around urine or kick around the beddings since the rest of the cage is made of wire.
As you can already tell, this is a very spacious cage, measuring 55.9 inches long, 23.6 and 19.7 inches wide and high respectively. The space beneath the house is a great place for smaller rabbits to hide or even relax for change of scenery, just like under the feeding platform.
- Your rabbit will enjoy its privacy, thanks to the wooden house
- This cage is incredibly spacious and can house more rabbits
- With the wooden house, you can separate the rabbits
- The cage is designed in such a way that the rabbit won’t dirty your house with food and urine
- Easy to feed your rabbit since the cage comes with a feeding platform, a sturdy water bottle, and a hay feeder
- Easily assembled, moved and knocked down since it uses clips
- You will find it easy to clean
- Easy access thanks to the large door
3. MidWest Homes for Pets Wabbitat deluxe Rabbit Home Kit
This cage features a very simple yet sturdy construction. Although it’s designed for guinea pigs, it also is a great acquisition for rabbit owners. If you have a limited budget but want something that will serve you and your bunny amicably, then look no further.
MidWest Homes features are extra-large, measuring 47.16 x 23.62 x 19.68 inches in length, width, and height. It includes a plastic pan bottom that is 5.5 inches deep to prevent any internal dirt from splashing out to your house.
It has a balcony for a change of scenery for the rabbit and enough room to stretch, hop, or even just stand. The top half of this cage is made of wires, and it easily clips onto the bottom half.
This is one of the best extra-large cages you will find in the market today. A side door covering the whole length of the cage makes it easy to clean while a top door will help you access the rabbit quickly.
Your rabbit will enjoy everything about this cage.
- Extra-large and can accommodate more than one rabbit
- It is affordable
- With the side door, cleaning it will be so easy
- Simple and light to move
- Comes with hay feeder and water bottle
- It comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
4. Ware Manufacturing Home Sweet Home Pet Cage
The first thing you will realize about this cage is how economical it is designed. Despite its simplicity, it is very functional and does not make it to this list by chance. Its upper half is made of a wire mesh while the lower half is heavy duty simple plastic.
The upper part’s wire mesh is coated with some chew-proof powder which will prevent your rabbit from gnawing on the cage. Both halves are firmly held onto each other by six clips, and this makes the set up quite easy. Its convenience is enhanced further by the fact that it is available in three different sizes, which gives you options for the number of rabbits you have.
This cage is available in three different colors, which is another good thing for you to make a choice that befits the décor of your house. You’ll find it so easy to assemble and move in case you intend to since it weighs a mere 12.5 pounds.
You will enjoy easy assembly, of course, and portability.
- It is durable hence you won’t need to buy a new one after ever few months
- The wire mesh is coated with chew-proof powder
- You will get it in three different sizes and three different colors
- Gives your rabbit enough room
- You will find it easy to assemble and move
5. AmazonBasics Pet Habitat
Made by Amazon, this cage makes it to this list not just for being of high quality but also for being incredibly affordable. It measures 4 inches by 2 inches giving your rabbit enough room to roam about.
The upper side of the cage is made of a wire mesh which is attached to a safely solid plastic base that makes the bottom. Two large doors grant you access to the whole cage, which also has a balcony to change the scenery for your rabbit.
Under the balcony is a space that can provide some hide-away for your rabbit to enjoy some privacy. The cage also comes with a tip-proof food dish, a water bottle, and a hay guard for your rabbit’s feeding.
Features and Benefits
- First and foremost, its price tag. This cage is very much affordable
- It is large and spacious
- You will find it easy to assemble
- Cleaning the cage is easy thanks to its doors
- It comes with additional high quality accessories
How about the best large, stackable rabbit cages and cages with Wheels?
The above list consists of the best 5 rabbit cages in the market right now. Maybe you are looking for a specific type of cage, don’t worry, we’ll look at different types of cages and review the best three.
Best Large Rabbit Cages
There are many reasons you may want to buy a large rabbit cage. Maybe you intend to add the population of rabbits, or maybe the existing ones have bred. Maybe, you just want them the luxury of space. Whichever the case, consider the following rabbit cages;
1. Kaytee My First Home 2-level Pet Habitat
Measuring 48 inches long and 24 inches wide, this cage is sometimes used for guinea pigs but works magic in making a home for rabbits. It is outstanding with its large and roomy size that makes it better for two rabbits but weighs only 14 pounds. It has a plastic pan at its bottom, which is 8.8 inches deep to prevent waste from spreading out of the cage whose top is made of wire mesh. Additionally, the pan also offers privacy to the bunnies, which might be feeling anxiety.
Another interesting feature is the balcony where the bunny can come to enjoy the outer scenery. There are also the hay feeder, the food bowl, and the water bottle. The best and most outstanding feature, however, is the presence of caster wheels at the bottom to help you easily move it around.
Here are some of the benefits of having this rabbit cage;
- First and foremost, the wheels will help you move it like you wish effortlessly
- Its design is also great, safe and ensures privacy for your bunny
- The size gives you room to add another bunny
- You’ll find it easy to clean
- It is elevated, and this makes it unreachable for other pets that you might be keeping
2. Extra Large Rabbit Cage- Living World Deluxe Habitat XL
If you are a fan of Deluxe Habitat, then you must know about Living World Deluxe habitat. This is a larger version of the original rabbit cage. The room is important if you have two large rabbits that cannot be comfortable in Living World Deluxe Habitat. This cage is almost the same size as KayTee My Home, but it has a better design like all Deluxe Habitat products.
The top is curved, and since it has doors, those doors are easy to open and shut, and they give you a better look. They give you access to almost the whole cage, and this is essential in cleaning.
- Large-You’ll have a large and more room for more of your bunnies
- Accessibility-It’s designed in such a way that you will easily open and look in
- Easy to handle- The top doors are curved and easy to handle
- Easy to clean -You will access almost half of the cage when cleaning
3. Ferplast Rabbit Cage
Measuring 63.78 inches long and 23.62 inches wide, this cage can house three of your mini lops and still have ample room for more.
This cage has a patented design without a flare base, and this gives your rabbits more room. The two-story cage is easy to access when you want to clean inside or access the rabbit. The floor is attached to a deep pan which is constructed to avoid spilling of any contents outside. The pan is made of plastic to prevent your rabbit from chewing it up.
One exciting feature is the door which, instead of opening up or to the side like most of the rabbit cages, it slides, and this will not need more space to open.
The two-storied cage has additional space for more bunnies
Your house can’t be dirtied by the rabbits since this cage has a deep pan and plastic floor
Comes with all the accessories, like water hay guards, water bottles, and a removable elevated balcony.
You can easily knock the cage down for storage or portability
Best Stackable Rabbit Cages
Also known as multi-level cages, these cages are best described as storied. They have additional rooms stacked above each other. E level works as an independent rabbit cage, but they are connected by ramps to each other so that rabbits can hop to where they prefer staying. Stackable rabbit cages are good, especially is saving space. If you are looking for one, then make sure you consider the following three;
1. Midwest Deluxe Critter Nation Small Animal Cage
This cage comes with two levels stacked above each other. It includes two pans, two adjustable shelves, and three ramps that have covers. The ramps are non-slippery, so your rabbits won’t be frustrated trying to hop on them. There is also a maneuverable stand with 4 locking wheel casters to help in moving around.
The pans are leak proof and the shelves removable. The cage is 36 inches long, 25 inches wide and 63 inches high. You don’t need any tool to assemble this cage. Since it’s made of wire mesh, the manufacturer was thoughtful enough and left only ½ inch spacing between the wires to prevent the rabbits from falling off as well as denying them space to chew on the wire.
You can add accessories in the cage for your pet. Buying this cage will give you these benefits;
- It is roomy and gives you freedom to add more than one rabbit
- You will find it easy to clean the cage since its pans are removable and shelves adjustable
- Sturdy-built cage will ensure your rabbit is safe
- You won’t have a difficult time assembling it
- Moving the cage will be so easy for you, thanks to the caster wheels
- You get one year manufacturer’s warranty.
2. Yaheetech 52″ Ferret Cage Indoor Small Animals Hutch With 2 Front Doors
The design of this cage is one to hail. Think of 5 shelves, 5 ramps and a slide out tray at the base. Those should be like 6 levels, but the cage is constructed in such a way that it’s just one tall cage that has the levels.
It is one of the most beautifully-designed cages. The curved corners are also a necessity to ensure that in case of movement, it doesn’t scratch anything or person, while the wheel casters make its movement so easy and smooth. The size allows you to keep as many as 5 rabbits and the slide out tray makes it easy to clean the cage.
- You will clean it so easily thanks to the slide out tray at the base
- You can drag the cage around easily using the caster wheels
- Assembling this cage is so easy
- Made of long-lasting iron resistant to wear and corrosion
- Has a 250 ml water bottle clipped to its outside
3. New 37″ Homey Pet Open Top Heavy Duty Dog Pet Cage Kennel w/Tray, Floor Grind, and casters
This is a dog kennel which is usually used for dogs weighing at most 70 lbs. However, with the length of 37 inches and width of 22 inches, it is perfect for your rabbits to sprawl their feet in there. This heavy duty cage is designed like many other with a wire mesh to keep it airy and bright. The wire is meshed any chew or breakout attempts that might result in injuries to your pet.
The cage has two pans which help to avoid any splash of waste out of the cage, with one cage stacked above the base cage. The bottom of each cage has a removable tray to trap all the dirt and make it easy to clean. The cage also has a top opening, which makes it easy to lift your rabbits out.
Just like Critter Nation, this one too has four caster wheels to help you move it around.
- Portability. You will find it easy to move it from one place to another thanks to the wheels
- Easy to clean
- You won’t be afraid of your rabbit’s safety
- The doors make it easy to access the cage
Best Rabbit Cages on Wheels
1. Prevue Pet Small Animal Home on Stand
This cage is arguably the best cage in the market on wheels for various reasons. It is very spacious, measuring 33.5 inches long, 20.5 inches wide and 33 inches high. This will give your rabbits enough room to hop around as they wish.
This height makes the cage easy to move with indoors. The stands have a tubular metal design which makes the cage robust and durable. The ramp is gentle and the tray friendly to smaller rabbits.
To help you reach your rabbit and clean the cage, there are two doors, one on the side and another one on top. There also is a deep tray that has been added under the cage to hold any dirt and mess brought about by the rabbit.
- Spacious-Your bunny will get enough room to roam around and ventilation
- Easily Accessible-You can reach your rabbit from top or side
- Easy to Clean-It is easy to clean
- A basin under the base helps contain all the dirt
- You can remove the mesh floor and remain with only the dish
2. PawHut Metal
The design of this cage is on another level. The manufacturer combined style, functionality, and beauty to make sure they delivered a one-of-a-kind cage. PawHut is constructed of metal, and it’s very sturdy.
The side doors are also the ramps that your rabbit can use to navigate in and out of the cage, but there is a top opening that will help you access the rabbits without using the side door. The wire used in the cage is coated with a chew-proof powder; hence, you don’t need to worry about the rabbit’s safety.
PawHut has four wheels to help you move it around, and the floor is styled with a comfortable mesh that won’t hurt your rabbits’ feet. Besides, there is a slide out tray to help in cleaning it.
You will totally be blown away by this cage’s stylish design, besides its functionality.
- It looks really nice and will blend in with your home décor
- You can easily reach the rabbits using the top door
- The cage is easy to clean thanks to the slide out tray
- The side door turns into a ramp for the rabbit, so you don’t worry about it eating up space
3. go2buy Metal 3 Doors Rats Rabbit Ferret Cage Playpen
Another sturdy and durable ferret cage mainly constructed using high quality metal square tubes measuring 0.5″ and wires 0.2″ thick. This cage can be used both indoors and outdoors. It is an extra-large cage measuring 25.2 x 16.9 x 51.6″.
This cage allows many pets to have fun at the same time. It has six levels, five ramps, and five shelves. Its three doors are arched and secured by latches. The corners are smooth are rounded, so your bunnies can’t be injured, neither will it scratch your house. There are 4 heavy duty caster wheels to help you move it around.
go2buy comes with a 3-door design that will ease your cleaning work and reaching the rabbits on those levels. There is a slide out tray under the cage, which helps trap all the dirt produced in the cage for you to clean. What’s more, the cage has a complimentary water-bottle mounted on one of its side for the rabbits to drink.
- It is spacious hence will carry many pets
- The style and design is beautiful to the eye, and it will absolutely complement your house
- It is heavy duty and can carry so much weight
- Constructed using sturdy metal
- You can use it both indoors or outdoors
What Rabbit Cage Is Best For Your Rabbit?
After going through the above information, you might be asking yourself, which rabbit cage is best for you?
Our best pick Living World Deluxe Habitat isn’t pricey for no reason. However, it is value for money. It is constructed with the comfort, privacy, and safety of your rabbit in mind. It comes with accessories like a tip proof dish and a water bottle. It can house more than one rabbit, and with its construction, it can last for so long. Add all these to the factor that it comes in standard, large and extra-large sizes then you have all the reasons to make it your best pick.
Benefits of Bunny Cage
Having a rabbit in your home makes a bunny cage a necessity. This is because rabbits are always hoping around. A rabbit cage will help you keep your house clean and in order. If a rabbit pees or poops in your house, you won’t like that smell of ammonia. A cage limits all that to one place. Besides, rabbits are covered with fur, which might also dirty your house.
If you have other pets in the house that might prey on the rabbits, the cage will protect your bunny. It also helps you weatherproof your bunny in case the weather conditions get extreme.
Choosing an Indoor Rabbit Cage: Considerations
Buying an indoor rabbit cage might seem as easy paying the money but trust me; it needs many considerations. You don’t want to buy a cage that will prove wasteful, inadequate, or inappropriate for your pet. So, before you settle on a given indoor rabbit cage, consider the following;
- The cage should be large enough to accommodate your rabbit comfortably. If you have more than one rabbit, you should consider a bigger cage. Ensure it gives your pets enough room.
- Materials. The material used to construct the cage determines its strength. Most cages are made of metal, ensure you check if the metal is strong enough to bear the weight of your pets for long.
- Accessories. Some cages come with water bottles and hay feeders while others don’t. If that’s something you would prefer to have, then don’t hesitate to check if your preferred cage has them.
- Style. It’s important to consider the cage is going to blend in with your house. If you love it to fit in or stand out, you need to choose with the picture in your mind.
- Price. While quality products require a lump-some of money, you can always get something with the budget you have. Consider your budget.
- Ease of cleaning. Get a cage that will be easy for you to clean so that your house doesn’t smell like a fertilizer factory.
What to Avoid When Buying A Bunny Cage
Low Quality cages. You might be made to think that since the cage is going to stay indoors, you don’t need a strong or quality product, and you will be wrong in this. Because quality beats everything, and with a quality, your rabbit will be happy and comfortable.
Dubious vendors. It’s always best to keep away sellers whose credibility is questionable. Since these products are sold online, it is possible to come across a scammer, so it’s important to deal with trusted dealers.
Overspending. You can get a quality product at an affordable price. Have a budget and avoid overspending.
What Rabbit Cage Flooring Is Best for Your Bunny?
Cage flooring is an important factor to consider too. You can choose a hard wire mesh flooring since it is easier for cleaning. Such flooring usually has a pan underneath to tap the droppings. However, the wire mesh will be uncomfortable to your rabbits. You can also go for solid floors but cleaning them will be really hectic.
The best floor is the wire mesh floor, but ensure the cage has a variety of beddings to protect your pet.
Best Indoor rabbit cage – Final Thoughts
If you are here, then you absolutely want the best for your bunny. We have equipped you with the necessary information, and now, you have to consider all the factors before you buy an indoor cage. Remember, you can find exactly what you wanted at almost your budget, but do not let the price compromise your quest for quality.
Frequently Asked Questions On Indoor Rabbit Cages
What kind of a rabbit cage does a rabbit need?
A rabbit doesn’t need a specific kind of cage. It, however, needs space and comfort, which means the cage ought to be big and comfortable.
Do rabbits smell if kept indoors?
Rabbits are ever clean because, just like cats, they lick themselves and their companions clean. The only smell you might get is from their urine; its feces are almost odorless.
Do indoor rabbits need bedding?
Every caged rabbit needs bedding.
Do you cover a rabbit cage at night?
If the cage has no enclosure, then it is crucial you do since rabbits are burrowing animals naturally. A dark enclosure makes them feel secure. However, ensure there is excellent ventilation since rabbits are sensitive to heat.
What should be in a bunny cage?
Rabbits need a companion. If you want your rabbit happy and comfortable, ensure you have more than one rabbit in the cage since they are social animals.
- A food dish is essential. Some cages come with bowls, ensure it’s one that can’t tipped over.
- Water is vital too. Some cages come with water bottles. Ensure there is water in the cage all the time.
- A litter box. It is important to keep a litter box if you have litter trained your rabbits. If you haven’t litter trained them, it is important to.
- A mosquito net. You should protect your rabbits from being attacked by any harmful insects, and mosquitoes are harmful as they infect them with myxomatosis which might be fatal if untreated.